Saturday 28 May 2011

Who I am

As an artist, I am constantly asked what I do, what my style is, and what I intend with my work.  I really want to strive for creative, dynamic, refined work. Not necessarily "photo-realistic" but detailed where needed, and loose where it's appropriate.


 I love painting - using mainly acrylic, but will draw with pretty much anything.


 I am expressive by nature. I'm transparent, but multifaceted, revealing some contrasts and mysterious ways. You can't see all of who I am from any one angle, so, in my quest for relevance, I am trying to expose as much as I can bare to. My goal is to be a tattoo artist.. this stage in my life is fairly new, so I've only been striving for technical ability... just to be good at manipulating paint or ink or whatever, doesn't send any message besides being disciplined and methodical. 


I am ready to see what's inside, what my talents really are... though it leaves me vulnerable to disappointment, both in myself and in everyone else... I am still ready.  I don't think anyone lives completely honest.  We all hide that which we are ashamed of.  Desiring to minimize our faults and maximize our strengths. I'm no different, but I'm willing to see how honest I can be. I'm sure it will take time, since all I know is just that. 



No comments:

Post a Comment